Module submissions: glib-2 and up

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Sat Mar 22 19:30:29 CET 2008

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:57:53 +0100 (CET)
"Duncan Gibson" <duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Oo-er! This sounds suspiciously like becoming a dev. I'm not worthy
> [*]

You don't have to. Maybe sofar can help you set up a repository on
doppio or somebody else is willing to provide the resources. I know
you're submitting a lot of patches and putting up your repository
somewhere would make things easier for you and for us :-)

> Apart from watching Linus' Google talk on git on YouTube, I haven't
> looked into git at all, and I haven't a clue on how it works. On top
> of that, I don't have a machine that I want to open up to the outside
> world with external services, or anything like that. I don't have
> Sofar's firewall expertise. My [external] ADSL and [internal] Wifi
> routers both have their own firewalls enabled, and block all incoming
> connections. I only call out. Does that matter?
>
> > That way we could easily pull all your changes into our own trees
> > without having to mess with patches on the mailinglist.
> > It really is easier for everyone :-)
>
> Having watched various devs asking on #lunar how to merge, branch and
> copy using git, it might take me a while to get up to speed. Is there
> a favoured tutorial? Are there any lunar devs' notes on the git setup?

Well, I can point you to two helpful resources (apart from the manpages
of course):

http://lwn.net/Articles/210045/
http://git.or.cz/course/svn.html

The latter is especially interesting as it explains the differences
between git and svn. Also, helpful, yet not exactly tuned to our
preferences is the SMGL git guide:

http://wiki.sourcemage.org/Git_Guide

Apart from those .. just come around and hang out in the channel and
ask your questions. :-)

Regards,

Moritz

--