Module submissions: glib-2 and up

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 22 18:57:53 CET 2008

> Wow, thanks Duncan.

You're welcome. But I've only identified some modules that have updates:
someone else has the hard work of integrating the changes, especially
if there are new GNOME210_PREFIX variables and hierarchies to incorporate.

> One tiny thing: Would you mind setting up your own git repository? I
> think if you ask sofar about it he can very well set it up for you.

Oo-er! This sounds suspiciously like becoming a dev. I'm not worthy [*]

Apart from watching Linus' Google talk on git on YouTube, I haven't
looked into git at all, and I haven't a clue on how it works. On top of
that, I don't have a machine that I want to open up to the outside
world with external services, or anything like that. I don't have
Sofar's firewall expertise. My [external] ADSL and [internal] Wifi
routers both have their own firewalls enabled, and block all incoming
connections. I only call out. Does that matter?

> That way we could easily pull all your changes into our own trees
> without having to mess with patches on the mailinglist.
> It really is easier for everyone :-)

Having watched various devs asking on #lunar how to merge, branch and
copy using git, it might take me a while to get up to speed. Is there
a favoured tutorial? Are there any lunar devs' notes on the git setup?

Cheers
Duncan / engelsman

[*] I watch you all discussing merits of chipsets, L1 cache, video
    card speeds, disk performance, etc. and it's all over my head
    gcc optimisations? you might as well be talking Navaho or Swahili.