[Lunar-commits] <moonbase> XOrg7: keyboard and mouse drivers removed from dependency

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Tue Dec 9 21:08:58 CET 2008

Monday 08 December 2008 22:06:41 Jens Luedicke napisał(a):
> Samuel wrote:
> >  depends xinit
> >  depends xkeyboard-config
> >  # DEPENDS: libxkbui
> > -depends xf86-input-keyboard
> > -depends xf86-input-mouse
> > +depends xf86-input-evdev
>
> This change broke my keyboard layout. My german keyboard layout
> is ignored and not picked up bz the xserver. When I run startx,
> the lazout defaults to en_US.
>
> do I need a new configuration file or something?
>

> Jens

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard1"
        Driver      "evdev"
        Option      "XkbRules"   "xorg"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "pl"
        Option      "XkbModel" "evdev"
        Option      "XkbOptions" "lv3:ralt_switch_multikey"
        Option      "CoreKeyboard"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/event3"
        Option      "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse1"
        Driver      "evdev"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "false"
        Option      "CorePointer"
        Option      "Protocol" "Auto"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/event5"
        Option      "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

You may also add         Option "AllowEmptyInput" "off"
to server section. This one is optional and everything works without it.

If you do not like errors in xorg log turn off hal. And XkbModel can be set to
something which better suits your keyboard.

cat /proc/bus/input/devices
will tell you which device  to use

have a nice day,
Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski