Re: [Lunar-commits] <moonbase> XOrg7: keyboard and mouse driversremoved from dependency

zbiggy zbiggy at o2.pl
Tue Dec 9 09:36:29 CET 2008

Dnia 8 grudnia 2008 23:06 Jens Luedicke <perldude at lunar-linux.org> napisał(a):

> Samuel wrote:
>
> >  depends xinit
> >  depends xkeyboard-config
> >  # DEPENDS: libxkbui
> > -depends xf86-input-keyboard
> > -depends xf86-input-mouse
> > +depends xf86-input-evdev
>
> This change broke my keyboard layout. My german keyboard layout
> is ignored and not picked up bz the xserver. When I run startx,
> the lazout defaults to en_US.
>
> do I need a new configuration file or something?

Yes. I had troubles with Polish keyboard layout. Changes in xorg.conf are
required. Will post required changes when I go back home from work. Reply will
be in less than 12 hours.
AFAIR Input devices should be defined in xorg.conf with evdev driver this
way they overwrite what xorg autodetects (by pointing to the device file path
you want to takeover plus xkblayout you need). Another option needed in other
section is to not allow xorg to be executed without working input devices.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski