X depends?

Jean-Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Mon Dec 1 11:47:15 CET 2008

Hello,

there are some modules within moonbase which depend on %X though this is
completly wrong. In fact most of them doesn't require the X Server
installed as you could also use them with X11 Forwarding (no need for an
x server if you forward it to another existing x server).

As i'm not sure about why those "depends" exist i wanted to ask here
whether we/me can change this behavior. At the moment i'm using X11
forwarding and i had to comment the depends on %X in several modules,
means automatically having them within zlocal. This can't be the real
solution.

I guess those depends was made for the dependecy tracking to ease the
install of an x11 system, though not sure.

So.. any ideas/hints/infos?

Cheers
Jean