[Lunar-commits] <moonbase> xine-lib: fix for tiny error in xine header. Now kdemultimedia3 builds OK.

Jon South striker at lunar-linux.org
Sun Aug 31 03:03:07 CEST 2008

Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> Recent kde3 (and possibly kde4) build/update was broken due to this bug.
> Check /usr/src or compile log of kdemultimedia for broken build. Recent kde
> builders might happen to be left with partially updated KDE. All apps which
> use xine headers will fail to build without this fix.
> That is why I consider the patch critical and pushed update.

But not everyone uses KDE; I do not. Your update would force everyone to
update xine-lib regardless if they needed it or not. I just installed
xine-lib yesterday on a new install and now your patch would force me to
udpate it again for something that does not even remotely affect me.

I would have reverted your commit myself, however I am not currently
setup on git.

-Striker