[Lunar-commits] <moonbase> xine-lib: fix for tiny error in xine header. Now kdemultimedia3 builds OK.

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sun Aug 31 02:40:33 CEST 2008

Sunday 31 of August 2008 01:20:43 Jon South wrote:
> Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
>
> >            MODULE=xine-lib
> >           VERSION=1.1.15
> >            SOURCE=$MODULE-$VERSION.tar.bz2
> > +         SOURCE2=$MODULE-$VERSION.patch
> >        SOURCE_URL=$SFORGE_URL/xine
> >        SOURCE_VFY=sha1:bcb567ea2a11c5f26b2384d5400b8466ea9048c6
> > +     SOURCE2_VFY=sha1:233f5ea0d1d20e3cfa147b488ecf111352a48f1a
> >          WEB_SITE=http://xinehq.de
> >           ENTERED=20010927
> > -         UPDATED=20080815
> > +         UPDATED=20080830
>
> 1) No URL for patch

Thanks to Terry Chan for fixing this in moonbase before me.

> 2) Patch you uploaded is impossible to download even with the URL:
>
> -rw------- 1 zbiggy lunar 467 2008-08-31 00:39 xine-lib-1.1.15.patch

OK. Fixed. Tested.

> 3) This also breaks the lunar mirrors since rsync cant read the patch
>
> rsync: send_files failed to open "/lunar/patches/xine-lib-1.1.15.patch"
> (in lunar): Permission denied (13)

Fixed.

> 4) This is not a version bump nor is it a critical patch, so UPDATED
> should have been left alone.

Recent kde3 (and possibly kde4) build/update was broken due to this bug.
Check /usr/src or compile log of kdemultimedia for broken build. Recent kde
builders might happen to be left with partially updated KDE. All apps which
use xine headers will fail to build without this fix.
That is why I consider the patch critical and pushed update.

Feel free to rollback updated field if you see this otherwise.

> Also, you really should have tested the download instead of leaving the
> patch file in your spool directory, you would have caught 1 and 2 (and
> thereby fixing 3) yourself. Please fix this and be more careful in the
> future.

OK. I should not commit patches late at night. Thanks to Striker for bug
report.

zbiggy