question about twice installed files

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sun Apr 6 19:22:38 CEST 2008

Sunday 06 of April 2008 18:26:08 Jean-Michel Brünn wrote:
> what are we doing if two applications are installing the same files? It's
> resulting in a "wrong md5sum" message while lunar fix is running.

We reslove such file conflict. Just check conflicting files from both packages
and decide which is better. Then protect the clone against installing.

Here is example how I protected coreutils 6.10 against overwritting files with
clones:
# These seds resolve conflicts with shadow/heimdal and mktemp
sedit 's/ groups.1 / /' man/Makefile.in &&
sedit 's/ mktemp.1 / /' man/Makefile.in &&
sedit 's/ groups//' src/Makefile.in &&

The list of resolved conflicts:
shadow:/bin/groups
shadow:/usr/share/man/man1/groups.1.gz
mktemp:/usr/bin/mktemp.1

> root at jeanbruenn ~ # lvu from btcflash
> cdrtools:/usr/bin/btcflash
> dvd+rw-tools:/usr/bin/btcflash

Good. This is file conflict.

> Should i report those things, if i have some?

You are welcome to fix'em. :-)

Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski