php module

Jon South striker at lunar-linux.org
Fri Sep 21 21:31:40 CEST 2007

Jean-Michel Bruenn wrote:
>>> 2. that imap hack is fugly and not even functioning in php5
>
> Please define not functioning? i DISAGREE fully with removing
> everything that mentions IMAP from php5... i NEED that... and i think
> everyone using imap functions with php, too.
>
> bla.

The problem here, is that the imap stuff causes many problems because
when a new version comes out, the old source is no longer available,
thus breaking the modules. Also, there are PEAR modules for imap support.

I already know you dont use lunar's php modules and compile manually, so
even if for some odd reason you must use the imap extension, you wont be
affected.

-Striker