php module

Jean-Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Fri Sep 21 20:23:16 CEST 2007

Hello,

funny ppl. You're removing stuff, making life of some ppl easier. The
first thing is the POST_INSTALL Script. It's asking for Register
Globals installed (Okay, another script is asking, but you know what i
mean). This should be disabled per default cause enabled it's a
security risk. Many Many old apps still need it enabled - So asking for
it is a good job - Where will you ask for it, if you don't use the
POST_INSTALL Script?

Second Thing - The php.ini-dist will be moved to /etc/php.ini if
there's not an existing one - Thats a good job, otherwise php wouldn't
have a default configuration. So If you want to remove the POST_INSTALL
Script, where will you do this, in the BUILD File?

Third Thing - by automatically adding TWO lines to the Apache Config
file, we're (lunar) is making life for many ppl easier. Without this
two lines PHP would not working - So please if you remove this, make
some text explaining the user that he has to edit the config file for
php. If we remove that, there's a chance that we'll have tons of ppl
asking why PHP isn't working.

> 1. actually the internal gd lib is preferred over the external one
> (imagerotate() is not available if you use the external gd lib)

i don't understand. the internal is prefered -> imagerotate is not
available if you use the external one - so everything is perfect, or
not?

> > 2. that imap hack is fugly and not even functioning in php5

Please define not functioning? i DISAGREE fully with removing
everything that mentions IMAP from php5... i NEED that... and i think
everyone using imap functions with php, too.

bla.