How about adding -Wl,-Os to LDFLAGS and removing --as-needed ?

Jean-Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Thu Nov 22 13:08:27 CET 2007

> I also suggest removing --as-needed because it is dangerous and
> should not be used in building sources for distro. Single apps yes
> but not whole distro. For single apps --as-needed can be added
> manually.

if it's dangerous, please provide us with more informations or
examples. Next thing: Optimizations are, and were always dangerous and
thus up to the user. If you remember, we said that everyone should
optimize only, if he/she/it knows what he/she/it is doing. Thats not
only for GCC optimizations.

This way the user needs to read on what's the optimization is for. If
it's really not usable for the whole distribution, it should be removed
because of "not needed/not usable" not because of "could be dangerous"

just my 2 cents.

Cheers
Jean