[Lunar-commits] r24290 - moonbase/trunk/graphics/cairo

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Thu May 3 11:29:33 CEST 2007

Florin,

you're using KDE, no wonder you don't see any difference with QT based
applications. Yet, all of the GTK+-2 based programs are using cairo
as their rendering backend. And so does pango for font rendering
purposes.

Without the patch to cairo the newer font rendering algorithms
implented in the newer freetype aren't getting used. At least that is
what I think .. correct me if I'm wrong (which I doubt at this point ..
thats why I'm being pretty anal about it).

Regards,

Moritz

On Wed, 2 May 2007 21:54:42 +0300
Florin Braescu <florin at lunar-linux.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 May 2007 21:06:39 Moritz Heiber wrote:
> > Florin, seriously,
> >
> > this is the second time I'm asking you to revert your update on
> > cairo because you just drop the patch that is assigned to it.
> > PLEASE make sure a module retains compatibility with recent
> > versions before bumping anything at all.
> >

>   Moe, the patch is obsolete right now. The new freetype2 version
> made it so. However i use a LCD display and i can guarantee to you
> that it looks just great. Trust me, it works just fine. Zbiggy can
> confirm this too.
>
>   Florin

GPG public key B189E8C8