XOrg XOrg7

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 14 13:53:55 CET 2007

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 08:35:36 am Samuel Verstraete wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to continue the removal of XOrg from moonbase...
>
> This removal should only be completed within a few years if you ask me
> but i'd like to start with renaming the XOrg module to XOrg-deprecated.
>
> I know Terry and Stefan will not agree with me on this, but XOrg
> truly is deprecated. I know it still works but still... no bug fixes,
> no new "fancy" features (yeah i know you don't want them), no upgrades,
> no support from the X.org guys themselves...

Yeah, it still works now.... but frankly, I'm of the mind if there really
isn't going to be any upgrades or support from the Xorg folks, then send the
whole kit and caboodle to deleted-modules.

> Another thing i'd like to add are 2 aliases...
> 1. %GL mesa-lib NVIDIA XOrg
> 2. %GLU mesa-lib mesa-glu XOrg

I am neutral on this.

--
Dennis
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.

http://www.lunar-linux.org/
It's worth the spin.