XOrg XOrg7

Samuel Verstraete samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 13:35:36 CET 2007

Hi,

I'd like to continue the removal of XOrg from moonbase...

This removal should only be completed within a few years if you ask me
but i'd like to start with renaming the XOrg module to XOrg-deprecated.

I know Terry and Stefan will not agree with me on this, but XOrg
truly is deprecated. I know it still works but still... no bug fixes,
no new "fancy" features (yeah i know you don't want them), no upgrades,
no support from the X.org guys themselves...

Another thing i'd like to add are 2 aliases...
1. %GL mesa-lib NVIDIA XOrg
2. %GLU mesa-lib mesa-glu XOrg

with a conflict on mesa-lib on NVIDIA
This way we can finally add %GL to the SDL DEPENDS, and %GLU to
freeglut DEPENDS.
I know ppl using XOrg will have no advantage with this, but it does fix
some issues reported by new users....

gr,S.