curl patch (follow up)

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 7 14:09:03 CET 2007

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 09:33:43 pm Dennis Veatch wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 February 2007 09:16:23 pm Kok, Auke wrote:
> > Dennis Veatch wrote:
> > > Here is the list of apps I know will be broken with curl-7.16.1 patch
> > > submitted by zbiggy;
> > >
> > > amarok, audioscrobbler, fbida, gdal, git, gnupg, icecast, liblrdf,
> > > libtunepimp, raptor, rosegarden, vlc and xine-ui.
> > >
> > > There are I'm sure others but these are the ones that happen to break
> > > on my box.
> > >
> > > vorbis-tools, icecast and git were the only ones that failed a lunar
> > > fix.
> > >
> > > git *would have* been fixed but the BUILD failed on ;
> >
> > IOW git is a nuisance, but not a big deal
> >
> > vorbis-tools is a blocker IMHO
> >
> > icecast I couldn't care less about (sorry).
> >
> > in any case a no-go until vorbis-tools gets a fix.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Auke
>
> For vorbis-tools, those folks are aware of this and have a patch. Really,
> it's just a one liner that deletes line 119 of ogg123/http_transport.c.
> Instead of going the patch route I created a BUILD and did a sedit deleting
> that line and vorbis-tools built fine.
>
> The url https://trac.xiph.org/ticket/1136 has more info.

Tried this on another box that is more server geared and the only app that
needed a lunar fix was php5 and that was successful.

Per sofar, the only real show stopper is vorbis-tools but I have a one-line
sedit to correct that.

If there are no objections by in the next few hours, I will make the needed
sedit to vorbis-tools and bump curl.

My boxen are KDE centric so this is not tested with Gnome or any other DE/WM.
--
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.

http://www.lunar-linux.org/
It's worth the spin.