[Lunar Linux 0000198]: rarpd - broken url

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sat Jun 16 16:59:56 CEST 2007

>> -still can not be compiled due to libnet-1.1
>>
>> How about making /opt/legacy/lib dir and keep there all old libraries
>> needed by old apps? The BUILD config could point to these legacy dir for
>> apps which can not resist updated libraries.

>  dveatch - 06-16-07 16:35
> No. That is not the right solution for libnet-1.1. The problem here is the
> very same issue with the dsniff. There is a rift (AFAICT) between the
> libnet and libnids authors..... *that* is where the build issues need to
> be resolved *first*, not creating some legacy install directories.

OK. I will leave it 'as is'.
dsniff and other projects using old libnet seems to be dead and we can not
expect the necessary author fixes to be done someday. The chances that
someone will take over development are none.

As for dsniff I had to use it yesterday. Instead of fighting with libnet I
installed ngrep and tcpdump. Very good replacement for sniffing.

zbiggy