gcc-4.1.1

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Sat Jan 27 18:25:56 CET 2007

Jan Eidtmann wrote:
> thanks for that explaination, much appreciated! i think the
> next iso will be with gcc 4.1.1, right? i will update when
> its released, so that i am at least then up-to-date! :)

the 1.6.1 iso's will have gcc-3.4.6. It'll take me a while to finish those first.

> btw, do we support older releases of lunar? i mean, with
> the new iso we cannot guarantee that the modules in the
> moonbase will work with older releases...or does anyone
> here have one box for each release of lunar to test? :P

why are you making things needlessly complex here?!?!?! All your C apps will
work 100% guaranteed if you compile gcc-4.1.1. C++ apps like firefox and
thunderbird STILL WORKED FINE after I installed gcc-4.1.1

there is *no abi problem* at all. You are all seeing ghosts.

go install gcc-4.1.1, everywhere, even if it's your only box. Your only problem
might be that *new compilations* fail. the old ones work just great and keep
working.

I can't release a new ISO with gcc-4.1.1 until it's thorougly tested. therefore
it's unlikely that I can give you any perspective on date as to when this might
happen. at all.

Cheers,

Auke