[Lunar-commits] glibc, timezone-data: Resolve conflict between files installed.

Chad 'v3rt1g0' Kittel v3rt1g0 at lunar-linux.org
Tue Dec 11 16:14:25 CET 2007

Hey Moe!  *hugs*

On Dec 10, 2007 5:25 PM, Moritz Heiber <moe at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
> Hey Chad, glad you're jumping in. I'm sorry I didn't bother to ask you
> until now .. but I think this is the cleaner approach. Also, are there
> so many changes around the world justifying a constant up-to-date
> timezone information (I'm clueless here .. enlighten me! :-)?

That timezone-data package appears to be updated about 5 or 6 times a
year.  Not sure all of them are for timezone related changes, maybe
some of them are for corrections (mistake fixes) to existing
timezones?  I was rather surprised to see of often that those files
were updated, which is really the only reason I'm making waves about
it now.  If it was only touched once a year or so, I wouldn't care
that much, but it seems that we should be able to provide our users
the most up to date timezone data published vs waiting for glibc to
import some version of timezone data into their package and hope that
a glibc update goes smooth for every other reason as well.

*shivering from the cold, wet, snow*

--
  _
(\o/) Chad 'v3rt1g0' Kittel <chad.kittel at gmail.com>