More git news

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at lunar-linux.org
Sat Dec 1 21:18:31 CET 2007

Am Sat, 1 Dec 2007 02:49:07 +0100
schrieb Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at lunar-linux.org>:

> Am Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:07:34 -0600
> schrieb Terry Chan <tpchan at comcast.net>:
>
> > Yes, the mailing list commit messages are being worked on. Yes,
> > you're also able to view the script yourselves and make
> > diffs/patches to the script.  The unmodified script is part of the
> > git-1.5.3.6 tarball in the contrib/hooks/post-receieve-mail file.
>
> Update: I've written a new script from scratch which produces commit
> mails similar to how our old SVN hook script did.

To all developers: Please set your name and email address locally using

  git-config user.name <your name here>
  git-config user.email <your email address here>

It is VERY important that the email address is valid, otherwise the
commit mail hook script will fail to deliver emails for your commits!

BTW, the script now comes with support for git-gc, which means that
whenever there are more than 100 unpacked object files in the git tree
on doppio, git-gc will step in to clean up the repository. Auke: if you
think 100 is not enough or is too much already, then you can change
this using

  git-repo-config hooks.gcobjects <new value here>

That's it for now,
Jannis