lvu export/import

Samuel Verstraete samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 13:47:09 CEST 2007

Hi,

I was trying the lvu export/import stuff in lunar and i was thinking
that it should be easy to expand this a bit so we have a really usefull
tool.
Not that it is not working now but it is not very idiot proof:

1. import does not check for the $MOONBASE directory in the
$CONFIG_CACHE so that directory does not get made and moonbase is not
installed in it lin will fail to find your modules

2. export does not export your zlocal modules into the export archive

3. i would prefer to actually export the whole moonbase (with zlocal
included) into the archive so you can also restore if you didn't update
your moonbase, so we can also immediately move it to the $MOONBASE
directory set in $CONFIG_CACHE

4. I wouldn't mind to have a copy of my /etc directory included in the
archive... not that i would install it but it might be usefull for
reference when you try to get your box up and running (this might be
optional)

5. optionally we could just throw in all archives from /var/cache/lunar
and/or /var/spool/lunar so we don't necessarily need to download all
those archives again or compile them again...

6... suggestions?

I was working already on a version that does the stuff i want but as
i'm working on it i can as well ask for suggestions so we have this as
a good tool immediately.

cheers,
Samuel