Attention! Huge update

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Tue Apr 10 15:38:53 CEST 2007

Tuesday 10 of April 2007 11:12:02 Samuel Verstraete wrote:
> Maybe it would be a good idea to have a separate mailing list (yeah i
> know... yet another one) just for those kind of announcements. I think
> most of the users are not subscribed to the other mailing list because
> there is too much noise... if we would have a mailing list (where no
> replying is possible, only devs could post) we would keep the noise to
> a minimum... maybe that would be interesting enough for all users to
> subscribe...
>
> opinions?

I think there is not so much traffic on lists to make another one.
The problem is different I suppose. For example my box broke however I knew
about manual tweaking from ML and website. Just forgot to turn off automatic
night lunar update (system executes lunar update and reboots to be fresh on
morning next day). There are three options to resolve such issue in the
future:
1) Most users do not modify such files (so backup the original one and replace
with new default)
2) Exclude such updates from automatic update.
3) Hang on main website page an easy recovery manual, e.g. like this one:
boot from install CD and
copy from /var/lib/lunar/moonbase/utils/lunar-init
the:
    * hostname
    * network
    * netmount
    * mount
to /etc/init.d/ with forcing overwrite and adding execute rights.
After reboot system is up.

have nice day,
Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski