udev 103 - works well.

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Thu Nov 16 10:40:45 CET 2006

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 07:19:23 +0200
Florin Braescu <florin at lunar-linux.org> wrote:

> Pe data de Joi 16 Noi 2006 01:47, Zbigniew Luszpinski a scris:
> > I only wanted to say that udev 103 works fine on my machine.
> > I just thought udev maintainer may be interested in collecting such
> > opinion. If this is ML spamming don't hesitate to tell me that.
> >

>   Yes, i can confirm that too. I use it simce it was released without a
> problem.

"I use it since it was released without a problem" does not apply here.
udev needs _very_ careful and intensive testing. Also, during the shift
from 101 to 103 the default rules file and plenty of other rules files
have been updated. That means I will have to review the changes and
take into account wether I migrate them into our patchset or not.

So please bare with me and be patient. Its not always the best thing to
run around and install the latest version of system critical
components. As far as I can see there are no vital changes involved
(read: Mission critical bugfixes), yes, they updated quite a lot of
different rules.

Regards,

Moritz