1.6.0-final testing phase - pre-release testers needed

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Tue Mar 28 17:06:02 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I have finished removing all known bugs from the 1.6.0-i686 iso as much as I can see - meaning that it's almost ready for shipping. In order to make sure I want to  do a week of testing to make sure that we didn't miss anything stupid (as I often do).

This means that I will be uploading the latest build to espresso and providing it to a limited set of developers for internal release. If you are interested and have at least the ability to do a full install and rebuild with it trying out all the different options then I need your help testing it.

I propose this testing period ends wednesday next week at 18:00 UTC, which will give me time to release it before next weekend.

IOW I *need* your reaction today or tomorrow to assure that we get enough testing done.

Auke

Testing focus:

* IDE and SCSI installs (incl. SATA)
* module loading using append, initrd menu, install menu
* setting up partitions on multiple discs, as many as possible
* setting up SW raid on every possible config
* grub/lilo (take in mind that grub/lilo code only handles simple situations - allthough lilo can boot from SW raid-1 rootfs)
* post-install sanity checks: can you compile? rebuild? install Xfce4?
* manual pages and text, menu buttons logical etc
* error messages and warnings flying by?