Linux-PAM 0.99.3.0 needs testing

Stefan Wold ratler at lunar-linux.org
Sat Mar 25 16:09:19 UTC 2006

Hey guys!

I took the time to really go through the whole Linux-PAM module, lots of
things have been changed in the module now.

I really need people to test this thouroughly before I commit this to
moonbase.

Changes:
* BUILD file cleaned up, a lot of old stuff have been removed
* The manual ln -s xxx.$VERSION in BUILD no longer needed, make install
   does this
* limits.conf core dump hack have been moved into Linux-PAM-patches
   tarball
* Most of the gentoo patches are deprecated and thus removed
* Updated our tmpfs patch for pam_console to honor the new pam handle call
* Updated the new console.perms.d/50-default.perms to fit lunar
* Updated patches from redhat
* Updated redhat modules such as pam_console etc

I've tested the new module with both 2.4 and 2.6 kernel headers.
You will see messages in your log about pam_stack being deprecated, this
can safely be ignored for now, everything will still work as intended.
Those messages will go away once we have committed Linux-PAM and updated
all pam.d files that use pam_stack.

Sincerely
Stefan Wold