kde modules

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Mon Mar 13 15:40:21 UTC 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:23:07 +0100, samuel verstraete <samuel.verstraete at gmail.com> wrote:
> Only after throwing in an actual.rc-file in the /etc/profile.d/
> directory with inside just :
> export KDE_PREFIX=/opt/lunar/kde/3
> kdegraphics installed fine...
> I keep wondering why the kdelibs3 module doesn't install this by
> default??? Is there something missing in the kde3.rc file? or did you
> want to include the actual.rc file anyway...
>
> Anyway.... imho something is wrong and it wouldn't be so bad if you
> could take a look at it :)

it's not really wrong - KDE_PREFIX is set but not exported by lunar. This means that some modules reinitialize their shell and will not find the proper prefix for qt, libkde3 etc.

the best way to fix is still to pass the proper flags in BUILD, not to assume that the user environment is set. This will only lead to confusion and misasumption. Just pass the flags in BUILD properly will work every time, even when the user screws up.

Auke