gtk+-2.8.14 version bump

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Thu Mar 9 20:43:17 UTC 2006

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 14:30:55 -0600, Terry Chan <tpchan at comcast.net> wrote:
> Do you need to be smacked with a large trout ?  Or are you just being
> slow since you've been absent with a real job ?

I am not the one who needs to be smacked. I'm also not slow, and I'm also trying to stay polite and proffessional.

> This is NOT a high impact change to moonbase. Only the sporadic complaints
> in #lunar made it into a high impact change that is MOSTLY undocumented!!!

glib-2 is a core component of lunar and is on the "core" list of modules - it's even present on the ISO and therefore any version bump should be considered "high impact". Perhaps I should have added the word "possibly" to that so that it reads "possibly high impact".

I did not see the revert because I didn't saw this announced in the lunar-dev or lunar ML. This should have been done. I do monitor the -commits list and try to act as soon as possible.

For your information: My work contract with Intel explicitly forbids me to spend time on lunar during work hours. You already get all my free time. If that is not enough then you should consider finding a new lead developer.

The point in my mail that I was trying to make was purely for future use: to increase communication and cooperation. If you didn't see that then I suggest that you read it again.

Auke