udev firmware rules

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Thu Jun 29 18:34:15 UTC 2006

> Hey all, especially Florin and Moe.
>
> I stumbled across a bug in udev (version 094) today. The background:

If you want can send you mine udev, forked from lunar's udev since 087 version
because of some things could not accept in official version. One of this
things was firmware loader. My udev fork (at 094 version now) has firmware
loader working, use it to load firmware to my speedtouch 330 ADSL modem every
boot. There are some other additional features. All of them however are only
to improve compability and usability, so no ugly hacks or something wild/non
standard. There is changelog of things different according to official
lunar's udev. I fine tune build scripts for every udev release according to
udev changelog and release notes so did not encounter any bugs or
incompabilites yet using my udev so you can consider it as safe.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski