Mission completed...

Jerry Lundström prox at lunar-linux.org
Mon Apr 10 07:26:20 UTC 2006

Took me a few days to update my 8 month old laptop but now its done and
works nicly.

Beside some broken modules that I fixed there wasnt anything really that
happend that was fatal to the system.

One thing I noticed that I'd like to share was that in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ there was a magical link to itself called
"fonts" . It might have come from the fact that a link in /usr/share/ to
the fonts directory was created twice as such the second link was put
into the linked folder itself.
I don't know where this happend, looking at my other box it doesnt have
it, and it was fixed easially.

The fun thing about having that link was that every X program used
around 40meg more memory. Might be that it keeps a list of all the fonts
in memory and that grew quite a bit when there was a loop in the
directories.

Good work all, now lets just hope it goes as well on my other box.

--
Jerry Lundström, System Developer
The Division of IT and media, Stockholm University, Sweden