Lunar ISO 1.5.1 i686+i386 released

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Mon Sep 19 16:21:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 02:25:41PM +0200, Jerry Lundström wrote:
> Auke Kok wrote:
> > Dear all!
> >
> > after 3 weeks of heavy QC, a new lunar installation ISO, named 1.5.1 -
> > "Gallium Arsenide" is released. This is the first release ever where two
> > different lunar ISO's are released simultaneously. Once for i686 and one
> > for older (up to i386) machines
>
> Is it just me or is the 1.5.1 iso broke?
>
> A friend just installed it on his new laptop and the iso ran
> /etc/init.d/lunar-install which is the 'you have successfully installed'
> script with the short menu of lfirsttime.
>
> The correct program that should have been runed was /sbin/lunar-install.

I've had one report (vmware install) where the /sbin/lunar-install script
wasn't run automatically. However, that leaves me no clue why this happens
at all. It might be something to do with rootfs being read-writeable or
the sata driver in the 2.4.31 kernel being broken and siltently allowing
the read-write test in the init.d script to fail - very bad of course.

Perhaps the person who has this problem can investigate this more elaborately,

sofar

(still without internet)