gcc 4.0.2

Florin Braescu florin at lunar-linux.org
Sun Nov 13 13:03:02 UTC 2005

Hi all,

  In the last week, after update the glibc to 2.3.5 i start using gcc 4.0.2.
So far, there are many modules which does not compile with it. For some of
them i have found and commited the needed patch. I want to ask sofar to
consider the 4.x series of gcc too for compile parameters (-mcpu, -march
stuff). Some of the modules which does not compile with gcc 4.x right now
are: mailx, aspell, MPlayer, opensp, openjade, ctypes, d2x, elfutils, xinetd,
gmp, cdrdao, libexif, libical, splitvt (which need a security patch as it
seems that there is an exploit for it in the wild). I have still many modules
to test and there is the gnome and xfce stuff to be tried too :) I just
wanted to inform you all about the progress made until now.

  Yours,

  Florin