module: glibc

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at lunar-linux.org
Fri May 20 18:03:30 UTC 2005

Jerry Lundström wrote:

>Moritz Heiber wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 20 May 2005 18:25:39 +0200
>>Jerry Lundström <prox at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
>>

>>>Well I don't agree with that. But it shouldn't compile against
>>>/usr/src/linux/* it should use /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/* on
>>>linux based systems (and no I havn't really checked what it uses).
>>>

>>Hint: readlink /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build ;-)
>>

>Thats my point, /lib* is more standard then /usr/src/* as it points to
>where the builddir is at build point and you should always keep the
>current kernel.

The _whole_ point of the kernel-headers package (at least for 2.6,
because there isn't any for 2.4) is that glibc should NOT be compiled
against raw kernel headers.

So, either we don't do kernel-header packages and compile against
current kernel sources -- note this is not recommended by Linus -- or we
have a userspace header package with sanitized headers for 2.6 with a
fallback home-made solution for 2.4.

Building against kernel sources _and_ having a kernel-header package
doesn't really make sense.

    Jasper