submissions guideline change

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Thu Jun 30 19:47:58 UTC 2005

Zbigniew Łuszpiński wrote:

>>>I sent also gpgme. According to RSS tchan imported it to ./libs moonbase
>>>(thanks! :-) ). He probably had the same problem with removal because
>>>gpgme is still in ./new. I do not know if I should remove it from ./new
>>
>>it was not merged in moonbase yet, the RSS generator was wrong and
>>didn't know _not_ to look at the submission queue. This was fixed.
>

> IMHO:
> ??? I've done lunar update now and still see that ./libs/gpgme == ./new/gpgme
> Maybe you have old moonbase?

no, I just didn't see that tchan had merged it yet.

> The RSS generator was build well.

no, the rss code was wrong. it was broken. I fixed it now. ;^)

> It should look at submission queue to avoid parallel work on same
> modules. Maybe in this way devels will pay any attention to what happens
> in ./new directory ?

The rss feed is for users, not for developers. developers should
subscribe to the lunar-commits mailinglist which shows much more
information on newly added items in the SVN repository

> Now I don't see much output traffic in ./new direcory
> which is constantly growing by incoming modules.
>
> The idea of posting updates to modules as diff files is good. But there is one
> problem. If module in ./new exist as diff file and I use this module, after
> lunar update such module is removed. Could you update lunar tools so they
> will not remove modules which exist in ./new as diff files?

you should put the entire submissions folder copy in zlocal. today I
added fixes in 'theedge' that make it work okay (tested) this way. This
way you can immediately test modules in the zlocal folder. The updates
of course require you to apply the patch.

sofar