Quality management?

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Thu Jan 20 22:59:55 UTC 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:23:50 +0100
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at lunar-linux.org> wrote:

> Moritz Heiber wrote:
>
> >Hi everybody,
> >
> ><sofar|work> don't ask me... ask everyone
> >
> >So .. here we go.
> >
> >Göran Krampe, the guy who wrote the neat review about Lunar Linux on
> >bluefish.se, had a glimpse at the website I created about .. well,
> >our website. So we had a chat .. and I'd like to have everybody's
> >opinion wether or not the results of that discussion are worth
> >trying:
> >
> >http://lunar-linux.org/~moe/discussion
> >
> >What I want you to keep in mind is:
> >
> >Although we might not be familiar with the tools he'd be using to
> >create the solution we discussed there is a huge community behind
> >squeak and Göran already told me that there are a couple of people
> >wanting to try lunar .. soo
> >
> >And if everything just goes plain wrong we can always go back to our
> >current cvs framework.
> >
> >Well .. tell me what you think about it.
> >

> Ok, (1) squeak is weird, (2) none of the lunar devs use it (this is a
> guess), (3) combining (1) and (2) means we depend on one person to
> keep  our website running.
>
> I don't think it's a good idea, even though I appreciate the offer.
> Just  my opinion, feel free to ignore it if there's a majority in
> favor.

Do you think the idea I explained isn't good or just Göran's approach?

We had a discussion on the IRC about it .. and I think I agree with you
when you say that Squeak really isn't the right way to do it.

Ratler mentioned that he'd probably do it in perl/php ..

Striker said we'd better wait for the website to come clear .. and I
agree as well. Once that is done we can move on to the next subject. I
just wanted to know wether you liked the ideas I have in mind or if you
guys wanted to contribute to it (Ideas, code .. etc.).

Regards,

Moritz