modutils and modulr-init-tools fix

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Thu Sep 30 09:06:05 UTC 2004

	Hello everyone,

	I have attached a first proposal for these two buggers.
Basically what happens is that each module is placed in its
own dir, and then the initscript on boot creates symlinks to
the appropiate binary [ or man, you'll see ] depending on
which kernel you booted with. These symlinks are created
only for the overlapping installs.

	A second proposal is to commit it to kernel/ instead of
utils/, where it currently is.

	A third proposal is to create a modsymlinks module, and set
a DEPENDS on it from m-i-t and modutils, but to be true I
don't like much this idea, yet I don't like the attached too
much either. *sigh*

	*Gimme feedback*
	CU,
	nestu ;)))))
--
Lunar Linux		http://www.lunar-linux.org
XFce Desktop		http://www.xfce.org

QOTD:
<Fuzzbox> "Lunar dev looking for a pretty girl to show her
the stars"

QOT?:
<Veerappan> also, i'm upset.  my roommate's treadmill is too
short.
<Veerappan> another foot, and my bike would fit :)