fontconfig problems

Jerry Lundström prox at lunar-linux.org
Thu Sep 30 06:43:55 UTC 2004

Nick Hudson wrote:
> Yeah its a good idea, or maybe we could update fontconfig with a new
> XOrg release and just have them recompile together??  Either way sounds
> like a better plan.   ATM I have some major issues with getting any
> xserver to compile so I cant test any of this till it gets fixed, but I
> think if we only update fontconfig when a new XOrg version comes out
> this wont happen again.  Or we can just spawn off a Xorg, Pango and Gtk2
> rebuild after you compile fontconfig.

Why not just do a lunar rebuild everytime you install a module? that way
we never need to bother checking what new versions/module do.

OR MAYBE we should start taking care of libraries?!?!

We dont make any effort in checking how libs are installed today and if
we dont start this will not be the first problem we will have.
If you havn't noticed libexpat change a few weeks ago, it installed
itself as .so.1 and suddenly changed to .so.0 breaking some other
programs that was linking to .so.1 .

Sure we can ignore the big problem and just tell everyone to rebuild
most of thier system when a lib change.... or we could global
solution/guideline on how to deal with libs.

I leave it up for the collective decision of ALL lunar-devs (in other
words, reply to this thread or your say has nothing of value).