Gnome 2.8

Nick Hudson nhudson at lunar-linux.org
Fri Sep 17 20:09:59 UTC 2004

Yeah I agree with you on this one, Gnome 2.8 needs to be delayed till we
get a 2.6 kernel as the "Stable" kernel.  Not all of Gnome 2.8 depends
on dbus and hal but all the "new" features do.  Personally the dbus and
hal modules in GNOME_UNSTABLE work perfect for me and always have, but
thats me.  I dont know when I can touch anything with Gnome 2.8 or XOrg
till my power comes back on at home.

Speaking of XOrg, I think I have a XOrg module working on my home
computer, but I have some scripting errors in one of my files that I
cant seem to find/solve.  Its totally reworked and I hope that it will
at least compile for me.  Anyway as soon as I have power I will see what
I can do to get a XOrg module out the door as quickly as possible.  As
far as Gnome goes, its going to have to wait till we can get a 2.6
kernel stable **cough** jaime **cough** :).  Jeff thanks for your help
on this and if any dev has a comment on the subject please say it now.

Nick