Gnome 2.8

Jeff Hodges jmhodges at espresso.lunar-linux.org
Thu Sep 16 21:52:02 UTC 2004

Due to my inability to get the new dbus module to install its initscript, the fact that 2.8 depends on what we call the "unsupported" kernel (linux-beta) and Nick's XOrg difficulties on his system, I am delaying the GNOME 2.8 Release indefinitely.  We need to discuss the fact that udev is required for 2.8 and I desperately need someone to help me figure out why the new dbus module (latest version at http://lunar-linux.org/~jmhodges/dbus.tar.bz2) is not working for me.  That version includes some modifications I've made just today to make it stable.  I have not committed it to either GNOME_UNSTABLE or the moonbase.  Sorry.

Hopefully, these issues will be rectified.

Jeff