2.6 Kernel with inotify patch

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Thu Oct 14 16:56:05 UTC 2004

Hi, dude!
> Yeah something will need to be written up about migrating over.  I
> believe that udev needs to be the defato standard for the 2.6 kernel,
> so we will need something to help the noobs and well everyone migrate
> over.  Waiting to 2.6.9 is fine, and I think also once we get there we
> might need to stop updating to rc kernels everytime they are
> released.  Is that planned or are we still going to be seeing rc
> kernels?  If the linux-2.6 module is going to be stable then I would
> strongly suggest that we stay with the stable kernel.

Have you read my post to lunar ML called "Changes in Lunar's
kernel module naming (explained)", also on the website?
Basically it comes to say that we will have a stable module,
but we will still have rc and mm's. My point is that 2.6 is
moving quite fast. I personally like to see the changes,
though I can run a stable kernel as default (like now, that
I'm on the new linux-2.6-grsec). If you ppl find that it is
pointless to maintain  -prepatch and -mm kernels (new naming
scheme), I will remove them from moonbase.

Ciao,
Jaime ;)))))

--
Lunar Linux		http://www.lunar-linux.org
XFce Desktop		http://www.xfce.org

QOTD:
<Fuzzbox> "Lunar dev looking for a pretty girl to show her
the stars"

QOT?:
<Veerappan> also, i'm upset.  my roommate's treadmill is too
short.
<Veerappan> another foot, and my bike would fit :)