2.6 Kernel with inotify patch

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Thu Oct 14 14:45:56 UTC 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:40:45 -0500
Nick Hudson <nhudson at lunar-linux.org> wrote:

> Well on top of all this, how are we going to use udev?  How does
> someone go from using a 2.4 kernel to using a 2.6 kernel and udev??  I
> have all the scripts that Jaime made a few months ago and they work
> fine for me, but thats just for me because jmhodges never could get
> dbus or hal to work with the scripts.
>
> Also the latest inotify patch is for the 2.6.9-rc3 kernel, which our
> beta kernel is rc4 and it wont patch aginst it.  I have rolled back to
> rc-3 and am compiling now.  I would suspect that the next inotify
> patch will come when 2.6.9 is offically released.

Which is alright actually .. once 2.6.9 is out we'll be thinking about the
patch again.
Glad to hear you care about dbus since I heard that it might be a little
tricky to set up. Considering udev .. maybe nestu could write some sort of
migration guide (I'd be heavily relying on it myself ;-)?

Regards,

Moritz

PS: Good luck with your new job!