2.6 Kernel with inotify patch

Nick Hudson nhudson at lunar-linux.org
Thu Oct 14 14:40:45 UTC 2004

Well on top of all this, how are we going to use udev?  How does
someone go from using a 2.4 kernel to using a 2.6 kernel and udev??  I
have all the scripts that Jaime made a few months ago and they work
fine for me, but thats just for me because jmhodges never could get
dbus or hal to work with the scripts.

Also the latest inotify patch is for the 2.6.9-rc3 kernel, which our
beta kernel is rc4 and it wont patch aginst it.  I have rolled back to
rc-3 and am compiling now.  I would suspect that the next inotify
patch will come when 2.6.9 is offically released.

Nick

Nick Hudson wrote:

| Yeah I am trying to work that way.  Being I work 2 jobs and some
| side jobs every now and then I have been very busy even to update
| whats in GNOME_UNSTABLE in cvs.  I am getting ready for a stable
| 2.6 kernel and working with inotify, dbus, hal,
| gnome-volume-manager, etc...  I start a new job on November 1 and I
| should have more time after that to release Gnome 2.8.  hopefully
| in the mean time I can get everything updated in G_U and get dbus
| and everything working correctly.  Of course I will need testers,
| but I will annouce that when I get to that point.  Maybe that will
| be in a week or so dependeing on my work load.
|
| Nick

| | On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:15:09 -0500 Nick Hudson |