libbonoboui: needs libgnome?

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Mon Oct 11 14:33:50 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 09:26:09AM -0500, Nick Hudson wrote:
> Ok just for looking at it briefly, I am getting this:
>
> libbonoboui depends on libgnomecanvas
> libgnomecanvas depends on libglade2
> libglade2 depends on expat, Python, libgnome and docbook-xsl
>
> Now what I dont understand is that when libbonoboui gets called and you
> do not have libglade2 or libgnomecanvas installed, the depends process
> should start.  I can add libgnome to the DEPENDS file for libbonoboui
> but it would be repetitive and would actually get called twice.
>
> So do you have any ideas on why libgnome isnt getting picked up when it
> should be in the depends list??

ahh yes IC now... :

optional_depends "libgnome" "" "" "for GNOME support"

that's the problem... if it currently is not installed and you have answered 'no' before there's no way of picking it up automatically other than using 'lin -r libglade2'. This is why in this case it is just better to direcly add a *required* dependency to make sure you get libgnome from libgnomecanvas or the other one...

Nothing you can do anything about really... Just add it I would say

sofar