dependency aliases

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Tue Oct 5 15:33:59 UTC 2004

attached is a rough draft for theedge (current) that implements aliases
for dependencies in the following way

* unalias() function that translate module names to aliases if it starts
with '%'

* /var/lib/lunar/aliases is the known aliases db and alternatives

* first found pick is go (we basically keep it to *exclusive* aliases,
sorry for now that is it)

* if you replace xfree86 with XOrg every dependency is automatically
updated when a module is relinned, so impact on move is minimal

* lvu stree/tree also ported to include the functionality

* provide a picklist in case no alias is installed (this is *VERY* rough
code, a bit hacked).

it works OK with my little test cases so far, I think you guys wanna
test this and tell me how it behaves for you badly ;^)

(just untar in /)

sofar