fontconfig problems

Chad Kittel v3rt1g0 at lunar-linux.org
Mon Oct 4 23:49:54 UTC 2004

On Monday 04 October 2004 06:24 pm, Nick Hudson wrote:
> Xfree86* is no longer supported by us anymore, or atleast by me.  XOrg
> is the future and we made a desicion when XOrg was released to go to
> XOrg from now on.  I would suggest if you are running any Xfree86
> servers still to upgrade to Xorg, you wont be sorry.

This wasn't a question reguarding me personally as I only run XOrg and have
been "since the begining."  I'm talking about our users that use the lunar
provided xfree86(-beta) modules still (god help their soles)... Are they
going be have issues with the fontconfig module being removed (or is this a
XOrg needed dependancy only?) -- as I look at 'lvu leert fontconfig', I see
my own answer, XOrg only... silly me.

Back on the subject of xfree86 (and totally off topic from the thread)... What
is the future of these modules? How long are we planning on keeping them
around if they are not "supported?"  Can we create a module directory for
unsupport/deprecated modules and reloated them there? When we do phase those
out, we could get rid of two X profile modules:  'xserver' and
'xservers-profile'

- Chad K