Features I'd like...

Jerry Lundström prox at lunar-linux.org
Wed Mar 31 18:34:32 GMT 2004

lunar version handling
======================

I know some of you dont want diffrent version in modules but it would be
very usefull.

My suggestion is to move all modules into version dirs and to make a
easier way of selecting version and to add version support for depends.

Why do this you may ask?
Well, i dont think the user should have to hack the details file in the
moonbase to select a diffrent version and then later put it on hold.

Benifits
- easier to manage and depend on version.
- gives the ability to do stable and unstable releases in same moonbase
which will give us more testing users (ex. you link stable/unstable to
the version you wish and make the global version stable/unstable if
non-other has been picked)

Troubles
- Hmmm, can't think of any right now, but sure, it will be a little
messy switch.

<insert what="Feedback,Input,Flames" />