How to handle certain user error reports

Jon South striker at lunar-linux.org
Thu Jul 8 13:54:19 GMT 2004

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> I was wondering, is this directory present on the ISO (can't check myself
> right now)? It might be good to add it, if it isn't.
>
> I'm assuming here that the above problem is caused by some module doing a 'cp
> image /usr/share/pixmaps' without checking for the existence of the directory
> first.

Isn't it considered good practice to perform 'mkdir -p /my/dir' on any
directory you might be copying to anyway? This is the same problem that
struck the gdm module as well.

-Striker

--
The system requirements said "Windows 95 or better"
So I installed Linux.

Microsoft sells you Windows; Linux gives you the house.

v1sw6CUhw5ln4pr5ck4ma6/7u8Lw3Tm5l6+8GOa21s6Mr2e5+7t5/6TNDVESLFRXMb3Hp0en6/7g9ASTHCNMP
www.hackerkey.com

Registered Linux User: 332618
<http://striker.interhact.net/striker.asc>