moonbase cleanup roadmap

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Wed Jul 7 06:08:00 GMT 2004

Terry Chan wrote:
>>1) remove unneeded $BUILD_DIRECTORY:
>

> When you say remove unneeded $BUILD_DIRECTORY from the DETAILS file(s) you
> do mean ONLY in the cases where $SOURCE_DIRECTORY/$MODULE-$VERSION is
> actually equal to $BUILD_DIRECTORY, right ?  There are cases where that is
> NOT true.

of course

>>2) remove $SOURCEX from $SOURCEX_URL= statements
>

> Again, I think there are cases in moonbase where that is not always true.

that would surprise me... maybe I was not clear enough

I intend to replace:

SOURCE_URL=http://some.lo/cation/$SOURCE with
SOURCE_URL=http://some.lo/cation/$SOURCE

the code for this already is in the core for 6 months or more, also
works with SOURCEn

>>3) remove patch_it $SOURCE_DIRECTORY/$SOURCE XX and replace with
>

> As long as patch_it still respects fully qualified pathnames for the source,
> then this sounds fine (for the cases there the $SOURCE is NOT in $SOURCE_DIRECTORY).

the code checks to see if $FILE exists and otherwise tests
$SOURCE_CACHE/$FILE, so that still works.

sofar