gcc 3.3.2?

Terry Chan tpchan at comcast.net
Fri Jan 16 13:24:28 GMT 2004

Don't bump gcc to 3.3.2 in moonbase.

There are several devs working on various versions of Lunar ISO's and we don't
want to force them to recompile everything with a newer gcc.

For now if you want to use gcc-3.3.2, either use the versioned gcc in moonbase,
or simply edit your moonbase/compilers/gcc/DETAILS file and bump the version
number there to 3.3.2.

Then you can join the rest of the devs using 3.3.2 and fixing/patching moonbase
for the apps that still won't compile with 3.3.2.  I personally think its a
waste of time to be patching apps to get them to compile under 3.3.2.  That is
the original authors responsibility, not ours.

We will eventually upgrade the regular gcc to 3.3.2 in moonbase, once there
are fewer apps that don't have problems with 3.3.2 (i.e. unpatched modules)
AND once the various dev's working on ISO's all agree to switch over to 3.3.2.

Terry Chan