gcc/ncurses ETA / Xfree issue

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at lunar-linux.org
Thu Feb 19 19:40:21 GMT 2004

Op do 19-02-2004, om 19:31 schreef nestu:
> Moritz Heiber wrote:
[...]
> > 2) Xfree 4.4 (rcX)
> >
> > Please read up on it at:
> > http://linuxtoday.com/developer/2004021803026NWDTLL
> >
> > So the question is: Are we going to jump on the 4.4 train or not.
> > Feel free to comment.
> Just wait. If they don't change, move away from them, and
> keep the 4.4rc2

I think we should just follow the big guys on this one -- they have the
lawyers. I didn't actually read the changes, though. It's possible we're
not affected, because we build from source and don't actually distribute
xfree. Even then it may be better to follow what everyone else is doing.

> in moonbase. Maybe do some testing on crater's freedesktop's
> xserver?
> How far has it gone? Stable enough? driver support? Any
> other alternatives?

A: not far enough, no, limited, I don't think so.

	Jasper