kde 3.3 compile error

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Thu Aug 26 10:50:43 GMT 2004

Jason Melbye wrote:

>>Hmm, yeah I had to do a rm -rf /usr/src/qt-free-x11-3.3.3/ (or something
>>...). Forgot about that.

qt3's PRE_BUILD is not issueing the proper commands for PRE_BUILD. it is
not allowed to call 'unpack $SOURCE' directly as that bypasses the
'mk_source_dir' and 'validate_xxx' routines. This will cause one failed
compile to be followed by a second.

We need to screen moonbase for this defect and fix all PRE_BUILD's asap.!

sofar

PS: the following is allowed:

1) empty PRE_BUILD

2) a PRE_BUILD which calls 'default_pre_build' and afterwards does some more

3) a PRE_BUILD with AT LEAST the following code AT THE TOP:

validate_source_dir $SOURCE_DIRECTORY   &&
mk_source_dir       $SOURCE_DIRECTORY   &&
unpack              $SOURCE             &&