udev support

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Tue Aug 10 15:53:43 GMT 2004

Hi, Nick

> Ok I did some testing tonight, this is what I came up with.  In
> the /etc/udev/udev.permissions file I had to change the default entry
> from 0755 to 0660 and rebooted.  Now everything seems to work.  I have
> sound and cant get to /dev/null. Also I can use cvs again which is nice.
> Anyway thought you would like to know.
Good news, pal! ;)
Hey, a question: you have a "nhudson" group? Because quit a
few nodes were created with root:nhudson... strange. Though
those nodes have 0660 as perms... Dunno, surprises me, as we
have been talking about "users"group...  /me scratches head.
The only madness I can think of is that your user nhudson is
not in nhudson group, and therefore didn't have access to
the nodes. But that'd be bloody weird...

> Nick
CU,
Jaime ;))))

--
Lunar Linux		http://www.lunar-linux.org
XFce Desktop		http://www.xfce.org

QOTD:
<Fuzzbox> "Lunar dev looking for a pretty girl to show her
the stars"

QOT?:
<Veerappan> also, i'm upset.  my roommate's treadmill is too
short.
<Veerappan> another foot, and my bike would fit :)